[Thomas has a Cat 2924]

Thomas,

Here's the 2900 Series command reference:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2900/cgcr29k/comref.h
tm

---Excerpt---
set span
 - Use the set span command to set up the port analyzer.

set span enable
set span disable
set span <src_mod>/<src_port> <dest_mod>/<dest_port> [ rx | tx | both ]
set span <src_vlan> <dest_mod>/<dest_port> [ rx | tx | both ]

Syntax Description
enable           Port monitoring is enabled.
disable          Port monitoring is disabled.
src_mod        The monitored module (source).
src_port        The monitored port (source).
dest_mod      The monitoring module (destination).
dest_port      The monitoring port (destination).
src_vlan       The monitored VLAN (source).
rx                  Information received at the destination is monitored.
tx                  Information transmitted from the source is monitored.
both              Both information that is transmitted from the source and
                     received at the destination is monitored.

The default configuration has port monitoring disabled, port 1/1 as the
monitoring port (destination), VLAN 1 as the monitored VLAN (source), and
both transmit and receive packets monitored. If the parameter rx, tx, or
both is not specified, the default is both.

Command Mode
Privileged.

Usage Guidelines
After the port analyzer is enabled and the defaults set up, subsequent
commands replace source ports, VLANs, and destination ports.

Use either a dedicated remote monitor probe or a Sniffer analyzer to monitor
ports.

Related Commands
clear config all
show span