Hi Group,

 I have 2 DHCP servers and I have defined both the IP helper addressess in
our routers

Now, if a client quieries for an IP, which of the servers will respond
first?

The problem I have is we have defined one subnet in DHCP Server and not in
the other.

When this user is querying for an IP , he is not getting a response.

interface Ethernet0
 ip address 10.X.X.X  255.255.0.0
 ip helper-address 10.X.1.X
 ip helper-address 10.X.1.Y

The  said subnet is defined in the DHCP server 10.102.1.Y but, still there
is no response. when the client requests.

The main reason we have 2 DHCP servers is for redundancy.

Please note that they are independant of each other .

Does this mean that , when the client is requesting, the router first
forwards to the first DHCP server and since it is not getting a response ,
is dropping it?

Thanks

Gayathri