If it's a physical layer problem, a sniffer will not help you.  A device
like a Fluke would do the job.  The first place to start is testing the
cable.  If that tests ok, then check the duplex settings on both end
devices.  Make sure they are hard coded for the apprpiate setting, not set
to auto negotiate.  If both devices are configured properly, then you need
to start looking at the individual hosts and of course the sniffer would
work fine.  Maybe there is a bad NIC?  Bad patch cable?  Or a corrupt
driver?

00e501c09d21$b10bdc40$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:00e501c09d21$b10bdc40$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...