From: Groupstudy
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: EBGP multihop question

There would not be an IGP running between F and D or F and E.  F only has a
neighbor statement to D to allow it to establish a peering relationship with
it.  The neighbor 192.168.12.1 ebgp-multihop statement in F's BGP routing
process allows this to work.  There would not be a 192.168.12.0 network in
F's routing table unless D has the statement 'network 192.168.12.0' in its
own BGP routing process allowing it to advertise that network to other As'.