You'll only want the 1 IP on the server if the local network has 1 IP range.
If memory serves me right, you just add a 2nd scope and setup the ip
helper-address to the server.  It acts as the DHCP relay and the server will
know the request came from the other network.  Hopefully someone will add
something additional if this isn't correct.  It's been ages since I've dealt
with this.