split horizon and PR are both associated with distance vector protocols,
OSPF is a link state protocol.

Brian
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Z wrote:

> Hey Group,
>     I recently pondered something while at work and nobody could give me a
> strait answer. Actually I feel a little embarrassed asking this due to me
> being an NP and I feel like I should know this. Guess this type of thing
> doesn't come up much around me. Question is: Can poison reverse (PR) be used
> with OSPF? I know split horizon is used with it but I just cant see why/how
> poison reverse would. My definition of PR is that it sets the link to the
> max hop count and deems it unreachable, hence the term poison. I can't see
> how this would work with  OSPF because it doesn't use a hop count. Maybe I'm
> confused about PR. Does it set the link to the highest metric, and not hop
> count? Maybe I'm just used to hearing about PR in discussions of RIP that
> I'm assuming it set the hop count to the highest and has nothing to do with
> metric. Any clarity would help, thanks all...
>
> ...sorry for the rambling...

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-222-2638 x 109        318-222-2638 x 101

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
1401 Oden St.
Suite 18
Shreveport, LA 71104