Leigh Anne Chisholm,
Actually by default on IP interfaces:
Split-horizon is disabled on Frame-relay physical interfaces
Split-horizon is enabled on Frame-relay point-to-point and multipoint
subinterfaces
(but who cares it's configurable)

There is a difference between a multipoint physical interface and a
multipoint subinterface. Althought there aren't too many differences (static
mapping and dynamic mapping allowed on both) there are subtle differences.
My brother and I went over this yesterday and wondered what the differences
are. What we came down to was that the big difference is simple
-subinterfaces function is to provide a means to logically separate a
physical interface. The subtle differences like the default split-horizon
setting and default OSPF network type aren't the big differences. You can
build a fully scaleable hub spoke frame model using a physical multipoint
interface on the hub and point-to-point subinterfaces on the spokes. The
advantage of using the Multipoint subinterface on the hub? You would only
need 1 physical interface for 2 hub spoke frame models. I am interested in
learning more about other things you can do with the hub as a multipoint
subinterface to control traffic, such as for filtering or traffic shaping.