Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you personally were confused.

Come to think of it, ALL the documentation should be clearer.

Particularly if you think about the 15bits plus the 1bit BPDU field in
the ISL are so close to the 2 bytes in an 802.1q VLAN Identifier header
(3 Priority, 1 CFI, 12 ID)...which was the direction I thought people
were heading towards...