If it is an older original 1900 switch, you will need to use a null modem
cable and HyperTerminal.

- Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lisa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 1:03 AM
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 1900 switch

If he is using Hyperterminal to the console port, he should be using a
roll-over cable.
Also, make sure the DB9/RJ45 connector pin-out are correct.  Don't have my
chart handy
or I would include (it's available on CCO somewhere + I'm sure it's in the
archives).

Tom Lisa, Instructor, CCNA, CCAI
Community College of Southern Nevada
Cisco Regional Networking Academy