If you are not going to form the loops you can turn the Spanning Tree
off. But if you connect a hub or a switch or something you are not going
to switch on/off very often, there's no point. You connect the hub to
the switchport, you wait 30 seconds, you forget about it forever.
Conecting/disconnecting stations to the hub doesn't bother the switch's
spanning tree, the switch port is still sniffing the hub's heartbeat and
stays in the forwarding state.

/felis