Ah, this is easy.  I was faced with the same situation last year when
installing multiple Catalyst 6509 switches.

Just remember the if you set a router or layer 3 switch to forward BOOTP,
then DHCP requests will be forwarded.  Also, most routers have a command
called "ip helper" and basically you enter a command "ip helper x.x.x.x"
where x.x.x.x = the IP subnet you want to forward to.  So if your user vlan
is 192.168.10.0 and your server vlan is 172.16.0.0 you would enter "ip
helper 172.16.0.0" and all broadcasts are forwarded from 192.168.10.0 to
172.16.0.0.

What is even easier than this is that IOS 12.0 lets you configure the
Catalyst 6500 as a DHCP server, so you don't need an NT server at all.
Works great!  I installed 15 Cisco 7200 Vxr routers and made each a DHCP
server.  I did the same with the 6500 as well.

Regards,
Mark
Sprint Business Marketing Group
Las Vegas, NV.