Past and recent experince has proven to me to set this
speen and duplex right off the bat.  In the typical
environment how often do you NEED something to be
something other than 100Full?
What I have done is to get one of the junior guys
update the IOS and set all ports to 100Full as items
come in the door.  If there is a NEED for something
other tahn 100Full the changes are made when
deploying.

Moe.

--- Larry Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When set to auto a FE port should negotiate in the
> following order:
> 100Base-TX FDX
> 100Base-T4
> 100Base-TX
> 10Base-T FDX
> 10Base-T
>
> For best results, manually code the speed and duplex
> to match the other end
> though.
>
> "Gayathri" wrote in message
> <97nuee$mj2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> >

> >Am I right to say that if I set the port speed to
> auto , the duplex setting
> >is also set accordingly? Or should we manually set
> it to full duplex?
> >

> >Thanks

> >Report misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====