Just imagine the SOURCE IP ADDRESS ( the machine from which i am uploading
the software to some destination web server ) is a valid ip address and it
belongs to a ISP and imagine that ISP has gone down...  HOW routing will
take place... ? is that fine ? am i clear ?.
   1.    See 11.0.0.1 is the ip address and that belong a ISP.
   2.   X1 and X2 are 2 isp's.
   3. assume that  11.0.0.1 belongs to X1 isp.
   4.   the destination ip is 12.0.0.0 (seb server network to be uploaded)
   5.  i will have static path saying that 12.0.0.0 should go to  X1 (serial
interface where X1 is terminated)
   6.   another default route will point to X2 for internet browsing
(0.0.0.0)

In normal this is fine ..   Assume  X1 goes down ...... ? what will be the
state of 11.0.0.0 in my network ..  what about routing ... ? since isp is
down who will route these ip's ?

Atul

97q4gn$v4k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:97q4gn$v4k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...