From: Michael Snyder
Newsgroups: groupstudy.cisco
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 1:45 PM
Subject: Ethernet MAC <--> Token Ring MAC

What is the bit by bit method of going from a Ethernet Mac address to a
Tokenring Mac address?

I've read the paper's, I still can't do it, and I've been doing HEX for
years.

For example

00.00.0c.65.43.21 Ethernet MAC would be?

0000 0000. 0000 1100.0110 0101.0100 0011.0010 0001

Next step is?

a) reverse complete bit sequence?  1000 0100.1100 0010.1010 0110. 0011 0000.
0000.0000
b) reverse sequence in groups of four? 0001 0010.0011 0100.0101 0110.1100
0000 0000
c) Transpose bits in groups of four, per byte?  a.b ->b.a (seen this one a
lot in programing)

help?

007901c0a011$52ec4d00$1e00a8c0@GOLDIE1">news:007901c0a011$52ec4d00$1e00a8c0@GOLDIE1...