From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Ken W. Alger
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 10:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Flash RAM erro - Cisco 2500

I have a 2505, IOS 10.2(6) which I am attempting to add more Flash RAM to in
order to run a more current IOS.  I purchased an 8 MB chip, but when I
install it and boot the router up I get the following error that doesn't
occur with the current 4 MB chip:

ERR:  Invalid chip id 0x80B5(reversed: 0x1AD) detected in system flash

Any ideas as to what this means as I have not encountered this one before.

Thanks,
Ken