One main difference is that separate subnet addressing must be used with
point to point. With point to multipoint you can use the same addressing
subnet...making it easier to migrate from NBMA or broadcast network type if
you are using OSPF.

Also,... with either one I don't think you need static map statements if you
are using OSPF as layer 3 routing protocol as the routing protocol will find
necessary info even in huband spoke topology.

""Thomas"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
97ve9g$eqb$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:97ve9g$eqb$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hi All - I wonder what is the trade-off between configuration of
> point-to-point and multi-point for PVC?  What about dynamic learning of
DLCI