>From: "Navin Parwal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: RIP configuration Error , please guide me
>Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:48:43 +0530
>
>Hi Everyone ,
>            I am  facing a problem configuring RIP as a dynamic routing
>protocol for my 2 Cisco Routers , my scenrio is as follows :
>
>    On my first Cisco Router named Cisco2620 , my configuration for  two
>ports is as follows:
>    1) Ethernet Port Ip address assigned :  200.100.10.1
>    2)Serial Wan Port Ip address assigned : 192.168.1.2
>
>    On the second router named Cisco2610 , I have the following ports
>configrurations :
>    1) Ethernet Port Ip address assigned : 10.100.10.1
>    2) Serial Wan Port IP address : 192.168.1.1
>
>     I am not able to set up my routing table by configuring RIP on both of
>the routers , ie when i give the command ' router rip ' and specify the
>interfaces on both of the routers , it does not show me the dynamic routing
>tables built when I give the command  'show ip route '.

1. Assign IP addresses first to the router interfaces.
2. Do the following:
   1st router
   Router(config)#router rip
   Router(config-router)#network 200.100.10.0
   Router(config-router)#network 192.168.1.0

   2nd router
   Router(config)router rip
   Router(config-router)#network 10.0.0.0
   Router(config-router)#network 192.168.1.0

After configuring the routers, "Router#copy run start" to save your
configurations. And to check your rip configuration, do "show run".

Finally, do "show ip route" to check the rip routing.

Let me know how it worked out.

Regards,

Arthur