The MC3810 bug bit me real hard today - I picked up another MC3810,
brought it home, and got busy cleaning up the debris from my CCNP/CCDP.

  At the end of the day I kept a 2511, a 2525 with a sync serial port, a
MC3810-V with a T1 port and DSPs, and a MC3810-3V with T1 port.

    I hung all of the routers in my rack and then I stuck two Adtran TSU 600
channel banks under them. The TSUs are lightly populated - only two FXS ports
in each but that is plenty for one person doing VoX experiments.

You can see a picture of the current setup here

http://members.home.com/puzzled/voicelab.jpg

   You're right to guess this isn't complete - the 3810-V3 seems to allow VoIP
without the hardware DSP module installed but I haven't been able to get it to
run yet - I suspect I'll end up with a DSP expansion card before too long.

    I'm also going to add a T1/ISDN modules to each router. I'll have one port
for TDM voice and then I'll hook the second T1 port in each router back to back
so I can do VoATM - this is *the* cheapest method to get hands on with that
technology.

   I knew I liked this first 3810 when I brought it home but the T1/ISDN card
is the clincher - VoATM and a much needed ISDN port  all in one small package.

    Is anyone else running these things in a lab environment? I'd like to hear
what sort of fun others are having with them ... post configs if you've done
something interesting.