CISCO PRESS BOOKS: Really good books BUT they do
contain errors. All the books that I have read have
them. Some are just typos and others simply poor
phrasing or grammar. (Routing TCP/IP has some subnet
mask typos that make it confusing)

The laura chappell (spelling?) ACRC book: Some major
mistakes, but a decent book overall.

--- Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I tend to see a lot less errors with the Cisco Press
> books. I would also
> like to say that in the
> last year I think Sybex has gotten better at editing
> prior to release. I
> also check as many reviews as
> possible but the ones on Amazon are usually very
> misleading as most of these
> reviews are from the publishing companies
> themselves.
> Rick
>
> "Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> m...
> >
> > I recently bought the Osborne version of the CCNP
> routing study guide.
> > After catching a few errors in the first few
> chapters, I went online to
> > look at reviews.  It seems many others have
> noticed this also.  More
> > surprising, as I read the reviews for the other
> versions, including
> > CiscoPress, ExamCram, and Todd Lammle, this seems
> to apply to all of them.
> > What the hell is someone supposed to do to fill in
> the areas they are not
> > familiar with?  I am curious if you have an
> opinion as to which of these
> > guides is the most error free??
> >
> > Brian

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
from The Big Lebowski...

The Dude: You sure he won't mind?
Bunny: Dieter doesn't care about anything. He's a nihilist.
The Dude: Ohhh, that must be exhausting...