>Hi, please have a look this site
>
>http://www.lightreading.com/testing/
>
>Have you any comment about this ? Let's us know your opinion.
>
>Thanx
>Si Pitung

Just started looking at it tonight. I will be speaking with its
author at the IETF meeting next week.   I would think long and hard
before I'd claim any router is the "best" core router.  Individual
numbers can be misleading.

I have a draft out on single-router BGP convergence time,
http://www.isi.edu/internet-drafts/draft-berkowitz-bgpcon-00.txt.  It
is fairly rough, but starts talking about the interactions of
multiple parameters. Unfortunately, the appendix giving various ISP
applications for BGP routers isn't in that draft, but will be in the
next one.

It's misleading to think that all ISP routers need to be "core."
Arguably, the highest-bandwidth "core" routers inside an ISP may not
need to run full BGP, but have more stringent demands on OSPF, ISIS,
and/or MPLS.  Think of RFC 2547 "P" routers.

An ISP POP access router might have the greatest number of BGP routes
and paths, but not as much bandwidth requirements.  If the POP router
primarily deals with customers, it will advertise only default and
partial routes to many of them.  Only a small proportion of customers
want full routes. A POP router will also generally accept only a
small number of routes from customers.

Interprovider routers at tier 1 are unlikely to need to exchange full
routes  Such routers are bandwidth-intense, but the definition of a
tier 1 is that you exchange only customer routes (perhaps
oversimplifying, but that's close) with other tier 1 providers.

A revised draft will be presented at the IETF next week to the
benchmarking methodology (BMWG) and inter-domain routing (IDR,
responsible for BGP).  This draft is coauthored by Alvaro Retana at
Cisco, and Sue Hares and Padma Krishnaswamy at NextHop (the former
GateD organization, which is the base for quite a number of
implementations).  Hopefully, we will also get a Juniper coauthor.
The plan is that it will become a BMWG working group document in the
standards track (well, as much as standards track applies to
performance measurement documents, a subtlety of the IETF process).

--
"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not

Howard C. Berkowitz      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Director, CertificationZone.com
Senior Mgr. IP Protocols & Algorithms, Advanced Technology Investments,
    NortelNetworks (for ID only) but Cisco stockholder!
"retired" Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CID) #93005