Don't forget the Exam Cram series.  I always read the Cisco Press first,
then counter with skimming the Exam Crams.  I'm headed for my 3rd exam in 3
weeks & so far the Exam Crams are much much better.  In fact- a coworker
(who is a big Cisco Press proponent) made the comment after taking BCRAN
last night, if he'd used the Exam Cram on more than just the last day of
study he would have scored in the 900's.

Your scenario is a little different...  If you are a new CCNA & new to the
field, then all the CCNP exams will be a stretch for you.  Keep in mind,
CCNP's with no working knowledge have a real tough time (tougher than
CCNA's).  I work in government contracting & with a lot of paper CCNP's (&
CCIE's with very little practical experience).  When your experience is not
@ your cert. level, contractor companies will pay you less (70% of scale) a
bill you 100% of wage (I see some CCNP's @ 60K & government paying just
under 150K + benefits money).  There are worse ways to start, but it is not
a crime to bounce around for a year to get your feet wet.  I've bounced
around for almost 2 years & am finding the exams much easier than the first
time I tried to read the ACRC.  Also CCNA's with real experience (can do the
job) do make 75 to 100K.  I'm not saying it's smart test this theory, but
you will not be pigeon holed for taking things @ respectable pace.  These
are life-time decisions & not of us are going to turn into pumpkins :o)

All the best...
Phil