According to Cisco it is possible to configure one port as a member of
multiple VLANS.

The command for that is switchport multi. I don't have this command on my
switch, yet I am using the proper IOS.

 ____________________________________ THE PROBLEM: no multi available
______________________________________
C2924XL(config-if)#switchport ?
  access  Set access mode characteristics of the interface
  mode    Set trunking mode of the interface
  trunk   Set trunking characteristics of the interface

____________________ MY IOS ________________________________

IOS (tm) C2900XL Software (C2900XL-HS-M), Version 11.2(8)SA4, RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)
Compiled Mon 23-Nov-98 20:59 by paulines
Image text-base: 0x00003000, data-base: 0x00202144

______________________ THE SWITCH PORT COMMAND
________________________________

switchport multi
Use the switchport multi interface configuration command to configure a list
of VLANs to which the port is associated. If the mode is set to multi, the
port operates as a member of all VLANs in the list. Use the no form of this
command to reconfigure the port as an access port.

switchport multi vlan {add vlan-list | remove vlan-list}
no switchport multi vlan

Syntax
 vlan
 Indicate the VLAN to which the port is associated.

add
 Add specified VLAN IDs to the list.

vlan-list
 List of VLAN IDs. Separate nonconsecutive VLAN IDs with a comma a
nd no spaces; use a hyphen to designate a range of IDs. Valid IDs are from 1
to 1001.

remove
 Remove the specified VLAN IDs.