Well you can connect async modems at the async
interfaces, configure the lines as 'modem inout' ,
'transport input all' 'modem autoconfigure type xxx'
and etc. Also create a loopback interface or keep the
Ethernet interface UP and then telnet it to this IP
address with port no as (2000 + x) where x is the line
no.

Regards,
Muhammad Khalilullah
CCNP, MCSE