Group,

We have a PIX 515 for a year now. There is one recurring problem which we
still cannot resolve. We opened case and talked to TAC at least two times.
Each time we were told to upgrade the code. We are now running version
5.2(3).

Here is our issue :-

We are using static public IP adddresses on all our servers and computers.
Our subnet is flat. After we installed the PIX we noticed that once in a
while one or two computers could not go out to the interenet. They could do
anything internally. Our work-around to this problem is simply change the
computer's original IP address to another one. Then it worked just fine. A
day later we could give the computer its old IP address and it would work
just great.

We did turn on the debug and saw that the PIX was trying to build an
outgoing tcp connection for the computer which was having problem. This
particular outgoing connection was never established.

Can anyone out there shed some light ?