It probably failed because that back-to-back cable is RS-232, not v.35.
RS-232 fails for me at anything over 500000.  V.35 can go all the way to
4000000.

Regards,
John

>>> "Ray Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/14/01 10:22:37 AM >>>
Guys,

I guess I need to exercise a bit more patience next time.  The problem
WAS
the clockrate.  The thing is that I did change the clock rate to
1000000 on
the DCE side before posting to the group but for some reason it kept
failing.  However, this morning I tried it with a clockrate of 64000
and it
stayed up.  Any comments as to why this may be so?  I guess it must be

exhaustion.  Anyway, I appreciate all the attempts to help me out with
this
one guys .....you are great .......Peace!

Ray