I have heard of two scenarios.  1 was used.  probably with a PRI, European
standards Europe PRI = 30B + D and a BRI, they were able to establish a link
with the two D channels and send TCP keepalives.  free 16k fixed connection.
not really practical for much.  but hey it was free.  Not that it mattered,
they were a telco.

It was also suggested that using two Cisco 1600's each with a BRI configured
for dial on demand, that one could initiate a call to the other over the D
channel to allow the router making the call to bring up the B channels on
remote router, initiating a call to the internet where the router could then
be access via IP.

I want to know if this is possible so I can better support a remote office
on dialup, when there are network issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks          Damien