Hi,

Be careful trying to sniff all packets you can come unglued.

eg, I have a sinffer with a 100Meg card and a switch set to span say 6 ports capable
of 100Meg.  All 6 ports talk at the same time simple maths tells me that is 600Meg.  I
will drop a bundle of packets to my sniffer.  This can cause some heartache if one is
not aware of it happening.

Teunis
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia