Crap...I don't want a holy war either.

But sheesh...don't say things like the following statement:

> out of the box. I would like to see a custom install on win32 instead of
> click here to continue.

Have you even installed Windows?  There is.  It's called 'Custom' install
and you only select operating system and utilities you want.  There is no
ftp, telnet, http, or ANY client accessible services unless you check the
'Install IIS' box.  There is authenticated login for shares such as c$ which
only administrator of the local box or if it's on domain, admin group of
domain can attach to.  Even then, it requires guessing password and guest is
disabled by default.  X strikes you're out if you go into user manager & set
it.  I'm not saying it's more secure, but more secure than non NT people
give it credit to be.

My install has the O/S, hyperterminal, telnet client, and an unconfigured
web browser as a standalone box with no shares.  Netbios is disabled so the
box isn't even seen on the browse list.  Packet filters deny all except the
ports I want coming in.  Last I read, Redhat was right up there with NT as
preferred box to hack.

Sigh...I hesitate to send this but the "narrow minded" comment was followed
by another one with a false statement.