At 03:01 PM 3/22/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>The user is a very high political figure who is real cautious about security
>and paranoid. I like the idea of a seperate nic in the server and two
>subnets. The cost of switches could be a deciding factor. Thanks for the
>input guys!
>
>Brad

It's scary to find someone that's paranoid and demanding about security,
yet doesn't want to pay for it.  I'd like to assume that such a person, of
course,
have done everything they should about making their host secure, including
encrypting the sensitive files, rather than just obsessing about the network.

Of course, I've also had a customer that insisted on being BGP multihomed
to two providers, connected to one provider at two sites and having
redundant SONET local loops at one of the site, yet only had one physical
server. Yes, they had a tape backup on the server.  No, they had no spare
machine to which they could restore the tape.