Right off the top I wanted to say "NO! - you can't do this..." but then I
saw that we were talking about serials here so I did a test.  Sure enough I
was able to put two serial interfaces on the same router into the same
subnet.  Didn't think that was possible.  However, as I suspected - as soon
as I tried to put an Ethernet interface into any subnet in use by any other
interface - I got the error that it "overlaps" with interface x.

So now we know that Yes you can do it - but will it work.

first - we'll assume that the 192.1.67.202/14 is a typo and it should be
192.1.67.202/24

second - let's get rid of the /24 on the transit links

RouterA S0 - 192.1.67.1/30  RouterB S0 - 192.1.67.2/30
RouterA S1 - 192.1.67.5/30  RouterB S1 - 192.1.67.6/30

third - RIP won't like that so change it to version 2

router RIP
  version 2

(on both routers of course)

or better yet - use EIGRP.

But - you didn't give us any info about where you pinged from, the router?
a client on the ethernet segment?  - what ip address is/are the ethernet
segments?  and what was the destination of the ping???  How is RIP
configured?

The more I look at it, it seems like a strange network - is he maybe
bridging and not routing?

That the network is slow isn't too hard to figure.  With two interfaces in
the same subnet the router has to try and figure out - here's a packet - I
can ship it to:

1. S0
2. S1
3. Nowhere - I don't have to!! we're all on the same network!!
4. All of the above
5. None of the above
6. 1 and 2

With only one serial up, the choices become easier.

And are we talking about redundant, x amount of bandwidth required but a
backup connection?
Or two circuits load balancing, or a combination?

Too many variables not presented, need more info - perhaps configs??? (and
design objectives?)

Kevin Wigle