Don't use the version 2 command in router config mode. Instead use ip rip
send version 2 on interfaces you wish to upgrade to version 2.

Chad

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 10:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RIPv2 starts available on which IOS version???

Thanks Chad!  Is RIPv2 compatiable with RIP?  In order words, If I have one
router running RIP and the other running RIPv2, can they still work
together? My concern is convering RIP to RIPv2 so that I can turn off the
"auto-summary" feature.

""Simmons, Chad"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
E3160AD94522D311BA0A00508B2CAA0F6C76E5@ANAKIN">news:E3160AD94522D311BA0A00508B2CAA0F6C76E5@ANAKIN...
> sh ip int x
> Will show you what version you are using on an interface.
>
> Set up rip for version 2 only
> router rip
> version 2
>
> or on an interface level
> ip rip send/recieve version 1 or 2 or 1 2
>
> Chad A. Simmons, MCSE, CCNP, CCDP
> Network Consultant
> Network Services Group
> Court Square Data Group, Inc.
> 1391 Main St.
> Springfield, Ma. 01103
> (413) 746-0054 (Phone)
> (413) 746-0058 (Fax)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.csdg.com
> Information solutions that work in the real world.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > You neglected to say what verion of ios you had, I see it is supported
in
> > 11.2, and I know they supported it in versions available in 1998/1999.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> > On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Thomas wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All, I am thinking about running RIPv2 on my 2500.  I am not sure
> which
> > > IOS version starts supporting RIPv2.  My 2500 only has 8MB of flash,
and
> > > don't want to spend another couple hundreds for flash upgrade...
Thanks