Apparently I can't read.  Read his question wrong.  You are right
Zorro.  Not the same as my problem.

This is what I have done:

1) Upgraded ROM chips to the newest XB2
2) Tried the Flash in another 2500 series router and shows as 8MB
3) When I put it back into 2504 it shows it as 4MB.

Are there any jumpers or something I'm missing? I have only installed one
8MB Flash. Leaving one empty.  If I install 2 8MB flash it shows as 2 4MB
flash SIMMs.  Thank you.