Here are the instructions I give to others in my department and it
presumes that you're using a directly connected laptop as your tftp
server.

<snip>

FLASH Memory Upgrade Instructions for 2600 Series Routers

Before you even start, make sure the IOS you want to install on the
router exists on the laptop!

1. Open  router, remove existing FLASH, insert new FLASH
2. Turn router power on.  Send a break signal to get to ROMMON mode.
3. Connect laptop to switch/hub and take note of its IP address
4. Set the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway for the
router:

rommon >  IP_ADDRESS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    (Same subnet as laptop)
rommon >  IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0
rommon >  DEFAULT_GATEWAY=<IP address of laptop>
rommon >  TFTP_SERVER=<IP address of laptop>
rommon >  TFTP_FILE=<name of IOS file>

5. Begin the TFTP download:

rommon >  tftpdnld         (must be lower case)

Depending on the situation, it may be necessary to set the speed/duplex
setting of the Ethernet port.  For this, do the following:

       rommon >  FE_SPEED_MODE = x

        0 = 10 Mbps, half duplex
        1 = 10 Mbps, full duplex
        2 = 100 Mbps, half duplex
        3 = 100 Mbps, full duplex

6.      Type 'i' or 'reset' to restart the router with the new image.

>>> "Sharma, Srikanth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/28/01 12:27:41
AM >>>
Rsending this message as this had the wrong subject on it!