Hey Group,

I just got my Teltone ISDN simulator in the mail, but I can't seem to get it
working. The simulator, by default, is setup to use Basic-ni1. I connected
both of my routers directly to the simulator using  straight-through cat5
cables. I then typed no shut on the bri0 interfaces and set the isdn
switch-type as basic-ni1 on both of the routers.

When I type show isdn status, I get this:

Router#show isdn status
The current ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni1
ISDN BRI0 interface
    Layer 1 Status:
        DEACTIVATED
    Layer 2 Status:
        Layer 2 NOT Activated
    Layer 3 Status:
        No Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Activated dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

With my basic configuration, shouldn't the layer 2 be working? Can anyone
spot any problems with my setup?

Thanks in advance,
Fred