Hello,

I've hooked up my 2415 running 12.1(2)T to the CATV modem, but I'm having a
DHCP problem.  Basically, the CATV company provides registered host names
(format:  ab99999-a.catv.area1.catv.com) and the host name must be in the
DHCP request packet, or the CATV system drops the request.

Sniffing my NT4 SP6a machine requesting an IP, I see the host name in under
the DHCP Header in the format:
DHCP Host name = "ab99999-a.tv.area1.center2.catv.com".

Sniiffing my Cisco router, this entry is "".

Don't suppose there is any way to force the inclusion of the host name in a
DHCP request in IOS?

FYI, I set the hostname combos below with no luck:

1)
hostname ab99999-a
ip domain-name tv.area1.center2.catv.com

2)
hostname ab99999-a.tv.area1.center2.catv.com
(This gets truncated though)

Regards,

--john