Dear Group,

I have been trying to duplicate the problem where if you enter a frame relay
map stament in a frame realy interface that is also using frame relay
inverse arp that inverse arp will be disabled for specific protocol for that
specific DLCI specified in the frame relay map statement.

I have reloaded my router, yet the interface still does inverse arp and is
able to keep the  mapping to the hub and also ,of course, still has the
frame relay map statement.

My question is this, Has anyone else run into this? Also, I am running 12.09
code and I am wondering if this is something that has been worked around on
the 12.09 code.

Here is the interface config for the frame relay interface:

interface Serial0
 ip address 192.168.10.10 255.255.255.0
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation frame-relay
 frame-relay map ip 192.168.10.5 211

after the reboot I get this for the "show frame-realy map" :

Satellite2R5#show frame-relay map
Serial0 (up): ip 192.168.10.1 dlci 211(0xD3,0x3430), dynamic,
              broadcast,, status defined, active
Serial0 (up): ip 192.168.10.5 dlci 211(0xD3,0x3430), static,
              CISCO, status defined, active

According to Caslow books and other publication the spoke router should
loose connectivity to the hub router since since it is using frame relay
inverse arp to map to the hub router.
I have a 2523 as my frame relay switch. Anyway, I still maintain an inverse
arp mapping to the hub and do not loose connectivity to it. Anyone have any
input on this?

Thanks for your time,

Raul