Your CCNA 1.0 is valid towards the CCNP 2.0 track. If your getting close to
having to re-certify the CCNA (It's valid for 3 years) & you don't think
you'll be done with the CCNP by then, you may have to re-certify CCNA before
the CCNP will be valid. Here is a link to the CCNP site.

http://cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/lan/programs/ccnp.html

Best of luck

John