""Kevin O'Gilvie"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> I only have 32 megs on the 515r, the upgrade adds 32 m and a licence which
> makes it 515UR for 6k. I was thinking that it was pptp, but since I am
using
> local authentication, users authenticate at the fw with one username and
> password, authentication is very fast but checking email browsing network
> and saving files etc., is at a crawl. Just opening outlook can take 20
min.
> I am hoping that the win2k client will solve some of these problems, can
> someone send me the link.

Therein lies the answer to your problem - VPNs on 56k modems aren't going to
be fast.  Browsing the network, checking email (with a live connection to
the server), etc are all too bandwidth intensive for your 56k modems to keep
up.  Either get them on broadband, or change the way they work remotely.

Regards,
Adrian