If you company purchased service contracts on the Cisco devices, then the
reseller should provide the service contract number(s). You should be able
then to get a CCO User account. You would be allowed to download IOS to
update (newer rev) not upgrade (more features) your systems. To upgrade you
have to pay for the additional features.
When you update IOS you don't need to save your config to another location.
However, a prudent person would  - just in case.
You do not want to delete the contents of Flash unless you are following
Cisco's instructions for an IOS update. Details vary depending on model of
router.