Fartcatcher (great name!), the previous 2 posts have good info in them, so
check that stuff out.  If everything is kosher (no offense to those members
of the Jewish faith!), then you might check that the router is setup to for
classless addressing.  I can't remember if that version of IOS has "ip
classless" set by default, but you can enter this in global configuration
mode just to be sure.  On newer IOS, this is the default.

If this is not on, then you will have problems.  Classfully, the router
would determine that both interfaces are on the same network.  Change the
netmask to 255.0.0.0, which is the classful mask for the 10.x.x.x network,
and you will see that both interfaces are indeed on the same network.  As a
rule, a router cannot have 2 interfaces participating within the same
network.  Adding "ip classless" to the config will allow the router to
bypass legacy classful boundaries and actually mask what you tell it to,
thereby putting each interface into a unique network.

Hope this helps!

Rik

9acv28$pf2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9acv28$pf2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...