From: John Hardman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 12:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: PIX IOS upgrade

Hi

There have been a lot posts in the Cisco news groups about people having
ICMP problems with 5.3 code. Several stating that TAC has recommended a down
grade to solve the problems. Personally I would not install a 5.3 code at
this time. 5.2.x seems to be fine.

HTH
--
John Hardman CCNP MCSE

""Paul L Holloway"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> I'm upgrading the IOS on a new PIX. What would be the downside of me
upgrading to 5.3 without stepping up incrementally and just going directly
from 4.4 to 5.3. I don't see anywhere in the Cisco documentation where they
advise against this, but I seem to remember several threads here advising to
go up one version at a time. Any thoughts??