Howard Berkowitz's new book "WAN Survival Guide" covers VPNs and IPSec. If
you are designing a VPN solution, this is a great book due to Howard's easy
way of sharing his wisdom and the fact that he puts VPNs in context with
other remote access and WAN solutions. Because the book has a large scope,
it doesn't cover IPSec in gory details, but it has enough to help you
understand when and how to use it. I haven't finished the book yet. I'm
going to write a full review for this group (and Amazon) after I do. It's
going to be very positive.

I read the Cisco Press "Designing Network Security" book a while ago. It's
also well-written. It's a good reference book. It covers IPSec and Virtual
Private Dial-Up Networks. A lot of what it says about VPDNs is applicable
to VPNs also.

Oh, I just noticed you said "Managing Cisco Network Security." I don't know
that book. I think that's one of those books that started its life as a
Cisco course.

Priscilla