Hello all,
For study purposes, I've given a Catalyst 2800, with a couple more to
follow.
The problem is, no one has any idea of the configuration.
I don't have a serial cable, though can order one if need be. Can I
interface on port 25 for management purposes? Straight or cross-over
cable? And where am I to go from there? Do I get a sniffer so I can
discover the IP and then telnet or hyperterminal in?
Would like to experiment with VLANs but have to get the door open.

Any advice greatly appreciated.