OK....

lots of questions.....

lets start at the beginning.

Nice switch for a lab (O`lucky man)

the managemnet info ......how do we get it
well you can plug in a PC and telnet to it but you need a ip address
the easyiest way is to get a console cable from cisco ...(they come in handy
for other things too)
port 25 is just another port no different from other (i mean that you still
need ip address to telnet)
if you cant get a console cable do this

go to www.nai.com
download a copy of netxray or sniffer pro
plug into any port on your switch a straight thru cable ....
start capturing cdp data and you SHOULD see the ip address in that frame.
THIS CANNOT BE GUARNTEED
simply because it may just have a base setting (i.e no manangement tlenet
disabled)....but it`s a quick easy way to start..

HTH

steve
OHH and you use telnet over ethernet/wan links and hyperterminal or
terraterm pro or whatever for consoling in (mainly...list) this is how i
split the two programs.....