your CIR (Committed information rate) is supplied by your SP ...you and him
agree how much you can have( depending on how much you pay)
usually ....the person setting up your router sets the "BANDWIDTH" command
to the CIR+ BR (burst rate) I.E how high you CAN go up to for a limited
amount of time ......again your service provider has set this for you .....

HTH

steve