Would an ACL blocking 224.0.0.0 be appropriate?  Is there a better way?

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Tony van Ree""  wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have been presented a problem I'm not sure of the answer.
>
> I have a CAT5000 switch connecting several VLAN's and a Cisco2948
providing routing/switching.  One of the VLAN's has a process that uses a
multicasts.  These multicasts cause the Cisco2948 a little grief.  I do not
want the Cisco2980 to see the multicast traffic.