Hi all,

I have configured the 2 internal GB connections as trunks and ether
channels. When you enter "sho port channel" you see 2 connections to the
layer 3 device. This seems fine. When I place the corresponding 2 GB
connection on the layer 3 module in a port-channel, and then go back to the
switch and type the same command as above, I see only one connection to the
layer 3 module, with the second reflecting  what is shown below:
 Shouldn't I still see both 3/1 and 3/2 connected to Gig 3 and gig 4
respectively
sho port channel
Port  Status     Channel              Admin Ch
                 Mode                 Group Id
----- ---------- -------------------- ----- -----
 3/1  connected  on                      62   833
 3/2  connected  on                      62   833
----- ---------- -------------------- ----- -----

Port  Device-ID                       Port-ID                   Platform
----- ------------------------------- -------------------------
----------------
 3/1  X4232L3                         GigabitEthernet3          cisco
Cat4232L3
 3/2   Not directly connected to switch
----- ------------------------------- -------------------------
----------------
4006_Switch> (enable) sho trunk
* - indicates vtp domain mismatch
Port      Mode         Encapsulation  Status        Native vlan
--------  -----------  -------------  ------------  -----------
 3/1      on           dot1q          trunking      1
 3/2      on           dot1q          trunking      1

Port      Vlans allowed on trunk
--------
 3/1      1-1005
 3/2      1-1005

Port      Vlans allowed and active in management domain
--------
 3/1      1
 3/2      1

Port      Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
--------
 3/1      1
 3/2      1

Andrew Larkins
BCom, CCNA, CCDA
Bytes Technology Group Limited
Tel :  +27 11 800 9467
Fax : +27 11 800 9496
Mobile : +27 83 656 7214
Email :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OR  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"This message may contain information which is confidential and subject to
legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse,
use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email,
facsimile or telephone and return and/or destroy the original message."