Yes, It will be NET3 for BRI here (UK). Have you tried dialing the ISDN
numbers
with a POTS handset. 9 times out of 10 this sort of thing is down to a line
prob

HTH

Dom

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Row Adel     |
|        |                     |
|        |                       |
|        |          10/04/2001   |
|        |          12:13        |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          Row Adel     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->

  |       To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                         |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Dom
Stocqueler/LON/GB/Reuters)                         |
  |       Subject:     Re: ISDN LCP negotiation problem
[7:44]                 |
  |       Header:      Internal Use
Only                                       |

Hey,
I will need to get hold of the debug and status output (not in the office at
present). But I remember that "sh isdn status" tells me that layer 1 is
active and layer 2 has multiple_frame_established. Also, I am in the UK and
so it is definitely basic net 3.
As for the debug output on the connection, the LCP shows status listen and
"0" (zero) indicating outgoing requests but no "I" to show incoming data.
This occurs several times until timeout.
There is remarkably little info out there on dealing with a failure at this
stage! I may have to redo the configuration using legacy DDR instead of
dialer profiles to see if it is my setup causing this, or perhaps even a
hardware problem in one of the routers.
As soon as I can get some debug I will post.

Thanks a lot,
Row.

""John Neiberger""  wrote in message
sad1e88f.065@fsutil01">news:sad1e88f.065@fsutil01...
> I have seen behavior like this that was caused by having the wrong
> switch type configured.  However, we had the wrong one configured
> because we actually trusted Qwest!    They told us we had a 5ESS
> switch which was partially true.  In reality it was a 5ESS switch
> running National ISDN software.  In that situation you need to configure
> a basic-ni1 switch type.
>
> I don't know what the specific problem might be in your case, but it
> might be something along those lines.  If you don't know *for certain*
> it might be worthwhile to check with your provider and verify the switch
> type.
>
> BTW, could we see the debug output as well as the output from "show
> isdn status"?
>
> Good luck,
> John

> Hello,
>
> I am configuring Cisco 801 ISDN routers to link two offices together
> via
> dial-on-demand. The connection fails to even get to the CHAP
> authentication
> stage (tried PAP also). On debugging the connection attempts (debug
> PPP
> negotiation), it is clear that the failure is occuring at the LCP
> stage.
> Neither router is sending LCP configuration details. Whichever side
> initiates the connection, there is no incoming request received in
> response
> to the outgoing conFREQ's and so the connection times-out after 24
> seconds.
> IOS version is 12 and ISDN connectivity is proven (basic net 3).
> Can anyone help with where to look for the problem?
> Thanks in advance.
> Row.

the views of Reuters Ltd.