Basic-net3 doesn't use spids.
Row, I have had similar problems between a 2500 and an AS5300 using
multilink PPP, but the symptoms were slightly different.  In my case,
authentication happened, but the NCP negotiation over the virtual link
failed with the same symptoms as you report - no response to CONFREQs.  In
my case it was an IOS bug and upgrading the IOS version fixed it (taking
off multilink, or, surprisingly, prioritisation also fixed it) - what
version are you running?

Try dropping back to a vanilla config if you haven't already - remove
anything unnecessary (like multilink, prioritisation, access lists - even
if you don't think it should have anything to do with the connectivity).
JMcL

---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 11/04/2001

"John Neiberger" @groupstudy.com on
11/04/2001 01:25:27 am