On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> redundant links (serial) to router 2 and one serial connection to router
3.
> Routers 2 and 3 are attached via an ethernet connection.
>
> Requirement: To have ethernet network learned via RIP without
> redistribution.
> Is this possible? We have tried this experiment in one of our labs.

Is there a reasn why you can't use RIP on all 3 routers? You wouldn't
need to redistribute anything in that case. But if you want/have to use
BGP alone on serial links (reading between the lines of your question
below), you need to redistribute something into BGP, whether RIP or
static routes.

--
"Someone approached me and asked me to teach a javascript course. I was
about to decline, saying that my complete ignorance of the subject made